Issac Asimov’s ‘calculator pad’ in his 1951 novel “Foundation” might have been the first reference to a tablet computer. Later, in 1971 Alan Kay developed the first tablet computer, ‘Dynabook’ which resembled a laptop more than a tablet.
The evolution of tablets continued through the ‘90s with revolutionary gadgets getting introduced by major players from 2010 onwards.
Reasons for the Increasing Popularity of Tablets
- With similar features, tablets are often cheaper than smartphones. Often considered more functional than fashionable, tablet prices have not raised due to the associated glamour quotient of mobile devices.
- Tablets offer a better interface for gaming. The touch-screen technology that four Japanese engineers patented in 1979 is an essential feature of tablets. Enhanced graphics and a large screen add to your gaming experience.
- Tablets usually have a longer battery life compared to smartphones.
- Easier to carry around than laptops. Tablets are also easy to use virtually anywhere and everywhere unlike a laptop which usually requires a flat surface to keep and operate.
- For music composers, tablets come with better audio editing features. You can record, edit, and upload your music files with ease.
- Larger screens give you an excellent video streaming experience. You can enjoy your favorite movie even on the go if there’s a good network connection.
- Reading eBooks, news, etc. for a long duration puts less stress on the eyes due to the screen size.
- For official work on the move, tablets are much more convenient than smartphones. Using excel sheets and PowerPoint presentations is easier on tablets.
- In the modern era of work from home, tablets are the handiest devices for app-based video conferencing and more.
- Tablets are also student-friendly devices, providing seamless learning experiences from the comfort and safety of your home. This has been particularly useful during times when educational institutes were conducting only online classes.
- The split-screen option can best be experienced on the larger screens of tablets. This becomes very useful if you have to refer to multiple files at the same time. The feature is particularly useful if you are working on a project report that needs you to collate data from multiple files.
- You can experience the magic of digital art on a good tablet that gives you a high-definition graphic interface. You can give vent to your creative side using suitable tablet stylus pens. A lot of youngsters are taking advantage of creative apps that can be used quite comfortably on a tablet.
- Given the size of the device, there’s less chance of misplacing a tablet while using it away from home.
- Tablets with SIM options can double up as mobile phones as well. The discomfort of speaking on a big device is addressed via Bluetooth or regular earphones.
- You can effectively convert your tablet into a mini laptop by using an external keyboard or a tablet cover with a built-in keyboard. Typing long emails, working on spreadsheets, or editing a presentation, everything becomes a breeze with a keyboard-fitted tablet.
- Tablets are suitable for frequent travelers who need mobile connectivity on the go.
Huawei tablet offer a wide spectrum of attractive features that take your experience to a different level. Enjoy the best smartphone and laptop features on your tablet.