How much time did you spend on your phone in 24 hours?
As per the 11k RescueTime, an average smartphone user spent 3 hours and 15 minutes 24 hours on the phone. This is the highest time than spending time watching TV or any other media activity. Smartphone users spend 90% time on apps. It clearly defines that mobile apps are the major and biggest medium between customers and brands. Mobile phone users have installed 80 apps and use 40 of them every month. With the COVID-19 pandemic, mobile application development agencies and freelance developers created more digital solutions like mobile apps to make life easier for smartphone users.
Importance of Mobile Apps for Your Brand
A mobile app is the best approach to build your business or boost your existing business revenue. Studies have proven that brands have earned more and more revenue by digitalizing their business by mobile apps. According to App Annie, 90% of the customers will continue to buy from the company if they like their mobile app.
In this post, you will learn native android mobile app programming languages, which language or platform Is right for your app. Every language has some specific properties that help build high-performance apps and make developer’s life easier.
There are dozens of programming languages available for mobile app development. You have to do research many days if you choose a language for your app. But to save your time, I have compiled a list of the top 3 programming languages for mobile apps that will help you build a great app. This way, you can spend less time on language research and more on development. You can get your top-rate mobile app from mobile app development agencies.
So without any delay, let’s dive in.
Best Programming Languages for Native Android App Development
In the era of technology, every new language quickly replaces old ones, but no one has beaten Java. Java has remained the developer’s favorite language for the last 25 years, despite all the new languages that made their mark. One of the major reasons Java is developers’ priority is that it is very easy to learn.
Apps developed by using Java
- Android Operating System
- Cash app
Some top-rated apps have been developed using Java, such as Spotify, Twitter, Cash app, Signal, and the android operating system.
Few Basic Features of Java
- The syntax of Java is much more understandable and readable than Python or other programming languages used for app development.
- Java is an Object-Oriented programming language, and it handles the complexity of real-world applications in a better way.
- Java has a rich API that allows you to integrate much more in your mobile app
- Java’s wide community support helps new developers to polish their skills; you can expect to find the right answer quickly.
- Java is a strongly typed language; it will catch many mistakes you make as a fresher.
App developers worldwide were enjoyed it when Google announced Kotlin as a 100% first-class language for Android App development. One of the best things about Kotlin is its ease to use and its setup.
Few Basic Features of Kotlin
- It is an open-source language, completely free to use and work on any platform.
- It supports almost every development environment.
- You can easily use Kotlin in your app if you have some parts of code in Java.
- In Kotlin’s Slack Group, you can easily get your answers from experts.
Apps developed by using Kotlin
- Google (for Production code)
- Air BnB
C# is quite similar to Java; this is also ideal for Android Development. C# has a cleaner and simpler syntax than Java, making development easy for developers. There are fewer chances of memory leaks because C# also implements garbage collection.
Apps developed by Using C#
Many apps are developed by using the above languages by mobile app development agencies across the world, such as games, music players, etc. No language can be called the correct language for android app development. It depends on you to make a correct choice of language for your app based on objectives and preferences. You can also seek help from mobile app development agencies for your business app.