If you have stumbled upon a “TFT LCD display” and are wondering what this display is about, you are in the right place. In this article, we will share what we know about TFT LCD to help you understand if it is the best choice for your device.
What is a TFT LCD display?
TFT stands for “thin-film transistor,” and LCD stands for “liquid crystal display.” Put them together, and you get a TFT LCD – flat panel display or screen you can find anywhere, from phones like smart phones and tablets to TV sets and monitors.
So, how does the TFT LCD display work? This type of display is made up of large sheets of transistors. Each transistor is controlled independently. A TFT screen is an active matrix screen which means that each pixel on the display is illuminated automatically.
Important features of TFT LCD display
- Incredible color – top-notch brightness, contrast, and brightness are the characteristics of this type of display.
- Longer half-life – TFT display has a longer half-life than leds and comes in a wide range of devices that can affect the half-life of a device depending on its use and other factors.
- Option to touch indicators – TFC display can come with a resistance or capacitive touch panel. Since resistance is cheap, it is often the way to go for multiple applications. But choosing a capacitive touch screen is a good idea because it is compatible with most modern phones and phones.
- Best as part of the control – optimize the image quality and clarity due to the map display of the number of pixels in the image sauce compared to the adjusted pixels shown.
- There is no such thing as ghosting – this is not an issue in the TFT show. Monitor ghosting or moving image and object with a dark image following the window (and as a ghost).
- Amazing to do a variety of things – TFT displays come in a wide range of frames options depending on the width of the equipment and setting a wide range of technical capabilities.
Advantages of TFT LCD display
- Bright and sharp images,
- Fast relief on standard LCD display,
- Ability to show ease of movement,
- Decreased power consumption on standard LCD screens,
- Excellent body design,
- Eye problems have been reduced,
- Quick and accurate response time,
- Location-functional design – TFT LCD screen can be found anywhere in your workspace on a rotating mount so you can rotate it around.
Disadvantages of TFT LCD display
- More expensive than other types of displays,
- Some of the viewing angles are not equal,
- Transparent glass may prevent use – for example, a TFT LCD display may be a poor choice for outdoor environments where glass can reflect light from natural light.
- This type of display relies on lighting to reflect light as it does not reflect its light. That is why manufacturers want to build in leds and design the backlighting structure.
Consider things when choosing a TFT LCD display
Battery life and life expectancy
What will be the length of continuity of use or duration of your project? Based on this information, you have to choose LCD Display Supplier who has solution that can last a long time – all the while maintaining high-level usage.
Accuracy in handling and type of handling technology
What types of activities will support your device? For example, if it is designed for external use of extensions, then a considered capacitive touchscreen is a better choice – more precise and accurate. Real touch can be important for commercial and industrial writing.
TFT displays usually come with a quick response time and adequate touch capture. But make sure that the one you choose gives the actual user experience.
Some TFT displays include infrared touch screens, while others are stacked. Choose the first one if your application is to be used in adverse lighting conditions or outdoors and if it is for industrial use. There will be no overlap or obstacle at extinguishing the lights.
The conditions of your use
When using TFT LCD display for outdoor or industrial applications, get one that can withstand various factors such as dust, wind, dirt, sunlight, and humidity.
Take the high quality TFT LCD display
We provide custom display solutions that meet the needs of the most needed applications. Our engineers can solve any problem and come up with a prototype that provides the user experience you need.
Come to us, and our support engineers will help you achieve your goals with a dedicated project team with years of experience in designing TFT LCD displays.